Thursday, February 25, 2010

What's the Story Morning Glory

Without my car, I've been looking for ways to entertain myself at home. Unfortunately, my existing propensity for baking has brought me to the kitchen. Last night I walked into Julie's room and declared I was making muffins. Her response was a smirk and an, "Ohhhh boy, here we go."

Morning Glory muffins (adapted for my pantry)

1 C all-purpose flour
1 C whole wheat flour
1 C white sugar
2 t baking soda
2 t ground cinnamon
2 C shredded carrot (last night I vowed to keep big carrots on hand, lest I lose a finger!)
1 C crushed pineapple
1/2 C crushed unsweetened coconut
3 eggs
1/4 C canola oil
1 carton Yoplait apple pie light yogurt
2 t vanilla (or almond) extract
* I sprinkled muffins with oats and sunflower seed before baking

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grate Carrots and set aside. Mix dry Ingredients in medium mixing bowl and add carrot. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl. Stir wet mixture into dry JUST UNTIL MOISTENED. Scoop batter into greased muffin tin. Bake about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment