Sunday, February 21, 2010

Life Updates

j&j survived our first week of our food service rotation. Each day we are assigned a detailed agenda of tasks, projects, and competencies. The days are extremely busy.

Over the next 5 weeks, our performance improvement (PI) project will be designing and implementing a plan to promote "Heart Healthy" items in our brand new cafeteria. We will be redesigning the MUSC nutrition website, advertising, strategizing ways to increase the sales of healthy items, and comparing sales at the end of the month. I am SO excited.


This PI project ties in nicely with NATIONAL NUTRITION MONTH. This is my manager project. I am in charge of organizing the month's promotion and events. It is a rather large project and I am thankfully to have the three other food service interns for constant support to ease my stress... Because I think I almost had a mental breakdown at our first meeting on Tuesday morning. But after a week of planning, I am confident this month will be a success.





Friday was spent crafting posters and banners to promote the month's event. I was designated official banner writer. I would like to thank Ursuline Academy for my good handwriting... if it is one thing UA girls are known for - it's their handwriting and 50 pack of markers.



No comments:

Post a Comment