Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Tommy Boy



This is a special post dedicated to one of the most important people in my life, my little brother. Growing up, we weren't your typical brother and sister duo... we never fought. Well, except when I would egg him on to the point where he wanted to hit me but knew he couldn't so he would clench his fists so hard his face would turn red. (Hehe)

Until I left for college, the 4 of us shared dinner together at exactly 6 PM every evening as a family. Tom and I always sitting across from each other telling our stories from the day and sitting for at least an extra half an hour after we were finished eating. Now, those cherished dinners are far and few and I miss them everyday.




Although we no longer live a room apart, I feel we are closer than ever. A day is not complete without our numerous BBM's; giving each other pep talks when needed, discussing our stressful days, him commenting on the blog and how he should be referenced more often ... and yes, I now use him for boy advice. He listens and somehow always says what I need to hear. Talking to Tom is one of the best parts of my day.




Maybe I should thank our parents for raising us this way, or maybe I should just take it for what it is.

I am very lucky.


Happy 21st Birthday to my best friend and brother.
Love you.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Julie. Precious pictures and memories. You are very blessed.
    P.S. Is that chair in your living room now?
    Jo's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to find another DI blog! I love hearing about what others are doing in their internships. Can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks mrs brandon! yes it is. lovely how mothers "donate" things to you they no longer want in their house : )

    ReplyDelete