Saturday, February 27, 2010

back in cinci

It was refreshing to sleep in until 10 AM this morning! Woah, baby. I couldn't believe I actually slept in. I woke up to this in the fridge...






heaven.

Breakfast = Chobani Pomegranate and homemade granola.

This was my first taste of Pomegranate. Excellent! I think it may be the best flavor so far.









I got my new drivers license (yes, I lost my wallet while in Chicago). Can someone please tell me why they must take that picture so close to your face? My old picture was pleasantly far away... this one is a bit too close for comfort.


My mom and I headed up to the outlet malls for awesome sales on work, interview, and "Chicago" clothes. (Chicago clothes are defined as anything that can be layered or worn in the frigid cold) It was a successful afternoon.






Alessi Dinner

roasted garlic and lemon chicken
steamed broccoli
roasted root vegetable medley
(carrots, parsnips, and onion)





parsnips - my mom introduced me to this white, root vegetable tonight. It is very similar to a carrot. We debated their nutritional value due to their lack of color. Being the nutrition nerd that I am, I did my research to find they are full of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. The main nutrient difference between carrots and parsnips is the lack of beta carotene in parsnips. (Beta carotene gives carrots their color). Roasted parsnips = 2 thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment