Monday, February 15, 2010

Red cabbage is like rabbits

So, as it turns out red cabbage is incredibly difficult to get rid off. I swear it is multiplying in my produce crisper! Note to self, red cabbage is a good way to stretch a dollar! Anyway, in an effort to cook all my cabbage before it goes bad I've had to get creative. Last night I incorporated it into shrimp and veggie curry. Julie, who is not so fond of curry, was in Chicago this weekend and was spared the smell which overtook our little apartment.





THE recipe:

1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 red pepper, cut into strips
Red onion to taste, thinly sliced
A few cups of red cabbage, thinly sliced


Saute veggies in olive oil until tender. Add curry powder, minced garlic, salt, cayene pepper or red pepper flakes, and powdered ginger. Cook until fragrant. Add about 1/2 C light coconut milk. Simmer 5-10 minutes. I added boiled shirmp, but you could use chicken or tofu. Serve with rice, flat bread, or as a stand-alone dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment