Monday, February 22, 2010

bbq tuna-slaw

Tuna is not a staple item in the Alessi household. Growing up, I rarely remember ever seeing a tuna can. It is something I grew to enjoy as I learned about the nutrition it provides. I would like to attribute my love for a good Starkist can of tuna to the fact that it is cheap, easily combined with an array of vegetables, has a long expiration date, and is packed full of protein.

My latest tuna "recipe" has become a hit. Each time it is packed in my lunch, an intern peeks her head over and says... "oh wow that looks good"





Montgomery Inn Tuna-slaw
1 can chunk light in water tuna
2 T Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce (maybe sometimes a bit more...)
Broccoli Slaw

*Montgomery Inn is my favorite Cincinnati restaurant. My mom knows to ship me bottles of their sauce every few months. I marinate it on everything.







Mix together and portion into containers for lunch.

It's satisfying to pair vegetables with tuna (protein source). The broccoli slaw is low calorie and gives a great crunch.

This salad is also very economical.
3 can pack of tuna $2.99
+ broccoli slaw (on sale) $1.00

It makes 3 tuna slaw salads

No comments:

Post a Comment