Friday, January 8, 2010

this for that.


i love getting blog inspirations from my best friends. A few days ago Emily confessed her urge for a sweet but salty snack... specifically McDonald's french fries. Considering my dislike for fast food, I quickly rattled my brain for a substitute. I do not want my Embo resorting to these empty calories.

I informed her of my most frequent dinner side item.



Sweet Potato Fries

Now, this delicious treat is the furthest thing from fried foods, but provides the same sweet and salty taste.

What are the health benefits of sweet potatoes?
As a root vegetable, sweet potatoes provide a substantial amount of vitamin A and vitamin C. A small-medium sweet potato provides about 100 cal, 1 g fat, 25 g carbs, and 2 g protein.

Okay, so now we know they are beneficial to your diet AND a tastey substitute for french fries..
How do you make them?



PREPARATION
Cut a sweet potato in strips or thin circles
Spray cookie sheet with PAM
Lay sweet potatoes on cookie sheet
Sprinkle with salt, olive oil/PAM
Bake at 400 for 25 mins
Drizzle light maple syrup once out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment