Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti Update

Here is an update of the needs in Haiti and specifically what you can do to help Canaan meet these needs. I know this seems foreign and so far removed from our daily lives, but the faces of these kids are not just cute poster children for a devistated country. They are kids that I know and spent time with. They each have unique stories and personalities and need your help. I encourage you to watch this video and catch a glimpse of real Haitians your money and prayers go to help.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyDl51ncEBlY&h=3a0646b3c6017556edc6e9a5ac33ce97

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. In Miami, it definitely does not feel far from our lives! We have a very large Haitian population here. I definitely heard girls in my department worrying about their families and friends who they are awaiting to hear from. It seems like every shopping center in this city has boxes for donations, and every club at school is raising money and holding candlelight vigils. I am so happy to see the generosity of so many people, even during economic crisis.

    ReplyDelete