Monday, January 18, 2010

best day of the week

Sunday has officially become our roomie dinner night - it's about time this happened!





MENU
Portabello Mushroom "Burgers" - Jo
Risotto - Julie
Pear, Gorgonzola, and Candied Walnut Salad - Jo










Julie's Recipe of the Week
I am a child of my father's kitchen. I have grown up watching him spend endless hours concocting our families favorite Italian dishes. Always analyzing his technique in awe, hoping I will someday acquire such culinary confidence and expertise. Because his cooking is so much more than merely making meals - it is his way of giving us his love.



Risotto is a time consuming dish I have been nervous to attempt. This week I gave it a try (of course calling my dad a few times to double check I was doing it right). Well, good news. I did it! After sending a picture text message to my dad to make him proud, we enjoyed our risotto around the table

No comments:

Post a Comment