Monday, January 4, 2010

Be a brussel sprout

They say, you are what you eat. If that is true - I am a vegetable. I love them raw, cooked, or steamed... just not soaked in butter. But there are a few vegetables I've struggled to enjoy. Being a future RD and knowing what is good for me, I made it a habit to force myself to continue to try foods I once refused. Taste buds can definitely change over time.





BRUSSEL SPROUTS.



The first thing that pops to mind - a food mothers force their children to eat as they cry at the kitchen table.


Don't let this fool you. These mini cabbages are full of vitamin k, vitamin c, potassium, and FLAVOR


I prefer to make quick and easy meals without too many ingredients. I never seem to have the right one in my cabinet when needed anyways.


How to prepare them...


Toss lightly in olive oil

Add salt or pepper to taste

Lay in aluminum foil and place on cookie sheet (saves on cleaning time)

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes


Easy as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment