Monday, January 4, 2010

Second semester

Jo and I have returned to Charleston from our lovely Christmas break. Jo picked me up from the airport yesterday, after a funfilled 5 day mini Chicago vacation within my vacation.

This morning got out to a rough start. I slept through my alarm 3 times, managed to lose and find my house key, threw on wrinkled clothes from my suitcase, and drove to work while Jo ate her cranberry and oatmeal to-go. The morning was topped off when a woman in high heels stomped my foot on the bus - it was only 7:30 AM!

As always, Mondays are class day...

Today was a day of realization - life is about to get very busy. First semester was clinically oriented with structured days in the hospital. This semester's scheduled is more scattered, unorganized, and project oriented. Time management will play a major role in our sanity.

This morning Jo and I discussed the way we used to throw around the procrastination statement... "Oh, we don't have to worry about it until after Christmas break". Well, that day has come.

J&J will keep you updated on our exciting nutrition rotations, as they will be changing each week. I am in my Management rotation with our head clinical dietitian. Jo will be working on a program to educate parents about nutrition for kids.




1 comment: