Thursday, January 21, 2010

It has been a challenging week for j&j..


Julie: I am in my public health rotation - working with the WIC Program. WIC is a federally run program for mothers and babies, providing nutrition education and food vouchers. I find myself emotionally drained by the end of the day. Because of the lack of education and nutrition knowledge, it is a struggle to communicate the importance of diet and lifestyle. It is also hard to relate to the mothers, many of whom are ages 14-20. They can barely take care of themselves, how can they nurture a baby? I admire those working in public health for their patience, dedication, and love. It takes a dedicated individual to give their time and effort to better the lives of those who need it most.


Jo: Today, Dana and I finished our 6th class on calories, macronutrients, exercise, portion control, weight loss, body mass index, etc. Good thing we really narrowed down our topic, or that could have been challenging! After teaching 3, 90 minute classes 2 days in a row I have a whole new respect for teachers. It's exhausting! Teachers are required to be engaging, authoritative, and nurturing all at once...it's a rare gift, I think.


Julie: After my 4 month hiatus from working out, I decided to get back in shape. I now go to spinning class everyday at 6 to release stress and get my once aerobically fit body back again. Reminder: Everyday is a new day - so get back at it.


j&j: peanut butter blitz icecream has made it back to the freezer


j&j: Jo and I reunited at home on Wednesday evening at about 8 oclock, both equally exhausted and in need of a dish to bring to Dana's Mediteranean Feast the next evening. I had no energy to go to Publix, so I merely forked over money and thanked Jo for her efforts. My supposed "early bedtime" was scratched due to our 2 hours of chatter in the kitchen; Jo releasing frustration on the vegetables while I remained sprawled on the counter top- enjoying a glass of wine, but moreso enjoying our time together. What I lacked in contribution to our dip and salad, I hope I made up for in good conversation. It was another night in which I was reminded of how thankful I am for Jo.










julie: january day at the beach
thanks charleston










j&j: very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment