Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dinner for the desperate


I came in from work this week without a plan (mistake #1) and too hungry to think straight (mistake #2). Luckily, I was saved by a few faithful items I always keep on hand: Quinoa, frozen stir-fry veggies, stir-fry sauce, and a little Asian salad dressing. Whew, spared from the Chinese takeout lurking around the corner!


Simple Veggie Stir-fry with Quinoa: High-protein quinoa is a tasty alternative to traditional rice

  • 1 C Quinoa, cooked according to package directions (cooking in low sodium broth vs water adds flavor!)
  • 2 C (or more) frozen stir-fry veggies, steamed (I like the Japanese blend with green beans)
  • ~4 T Sesame Ginger Salad dressing
  • ~1-2 T Spicy Stir-fry sauce

This made plenty for dinner and lunch. I recommend portioning a serving for lunch and immediately putting it in the fridge so you won't be tempted!

No comments:

Post a Comment