Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rinse Thoroughly



These noodles are one of my FAVORITE new finds. Well, maybe not so new, I've been eating them since summer. They are a great option instead of a high carb pasta. They are at Whole Foods, Kroger, and sometimes Publix for about $1.50-2.00 per packet. Let me save you a little time- they are found with the cold tofu normally around the perimeter of the store (I walked around Whole Foods for way too long my first trip!)

PROS
- Low carb
- Low cal (40 cals per PACKAGE!)
- Gluten free
- No cholesterol
- Vegan

WARNING
- Make sure you rinse them VERY WELL. As my very Italian, doesn't understand how or why I could EVER stray from his homemade pasta el pomodore, Dad once said, "Ew Jul those smell like feet". Don't let this scare you away!! Toss thoroughly in a colander to prevent the commentary.

WHAT TO DO WITH THEM?
- If you're in a rush, throw them in with some pasta sauce.
- Stir fry with veggies and chicken
- Try to pair the noodles with a protein to keep you full and satisfied for longer

Let us know what you think! Jo has yet to try them... I'll have her post her review

2 comments:

  1. Make them into peanut butter noodles with asian chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I answered your question about the Ener-G on my blog. It's definitely a good substitute in baking (completely egg and gluten free). If she wants like a scrambled egg substitute, I always use tofu . . . I know some have gluten, but I've heard not all do! So just check around I guess? Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete