Monday, December 21, 2009

Julie's favorite Christmas Cookie

This morning I woke up to snow, my Dad baking bread in the kitchen, coffee brewing, and Christmas music playing. Nothing better than that. I immediately got to work on baking my FAVORITE cookie. It has no health benefits and too much butter than I'd like to acknowledge - but tastes of memories and Christmas time.

Russian Teacakes
1/2 c confectionary sugar
2 sticks softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 c flour
3/4 c chopped walnuts

Mix first 3 items. Stir in salt, flour, chopped walnuts.
Chill dough.
Roll into 1'' balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet
Bake 10-12 minutes @ 400 degrees
While warm, roll in confectionary sugar. Cool. Re-roll cookies again for another coat.















Hope you enjoy them as much as i do

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie and Johanna, I stumbled upon your blog on All Access Internships. I recently visited Charleston for the MUSC Open House and was very impressed. I'm applying in February. Your blog provides a great look at the internship. Good luck to you both next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi morgan! good luck to you : ) sorry u had to come for such a rainy day, its normally gorgeous! let us know if you have any questions about the program. its awesome - we love MUSC.

    -julie

    ReplyDelete