Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chicago Bound

Bags are packed, garmin ready, snacks in tow, we're almost ready to go! Lolly and I head out to Chicago today for a fun filled, reunion weekend. Just about all our college friends make the yearly trek to Chicago to ring in the new year. It is the best way to celebrate the beginning of 2010 - my favorite city with my favorite people.

Lolly and I must keep our eye on the prize (arriving in Chicago) because the means to the end is not always pleasant (driving through Indiana!) We've had some bad luck and interesting stories in the past. I'll be sure to keep you updated. Say a prayer for safe travels!

Last trip we were totally unprepared and resorted to Chex Mix and sunflower seeds from a gas station... won't do that again!

Quaker rice cakes - yumm
clementines - lolly's favorite
peppermints - apparently they keep you from being sleepy (thank you mom for those)
pistachios - great nut to munch on. they take longer to eat with the shell so you can't just pop back a huge handful. 50 nuts are about 180 calories. That's alot of bang for your buck!
Granola Bars - These are the Kroger brand knock off of Fiber One bars. They were on sale for half the price and have just as much fiber. What a steal!
Coke Zero and Water - Yes, I admit it. I love my caffeine... Water to hydrate as well

No comments:

Post a Comment