Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tastes like fall

After a brisk walk through the crisp fall air, a hot plate of pumpkin spice pancakes hit the spot! Yes, my experiment was a success! I'm posting the recipe since I know you'll all just be itching to give it a try!

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

1 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C white flour
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1 C buttermilk (I only had soy, so I just added a little lemon juice)
1 C canned pumkin
2 eggs
2 T oil (I halfed this with no problem)
1 t vanilla
2 T dark brown sugar

Mix first 8 ingredients (flour through nutmeg). In separate bowl whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix JUST UNTIL COMBINED. Over-mixing will bring truth to the phrase "flat as a pancake!" I let my batter sit for 5-10 minutes before dropping by spoonful into a skillet preheated to medium. I find this lets the batter rise and makes a fluffier pancake. A few pecans and a drizzle of syrup, and you're ready to eat!





No comments:

Post a Comment