Tuesday, November 17, 2009

flap jack

Julie has been on a blogging rampage! So, this is my attempt to catch up! I have a little down time today during my weight management rotation and am spending it in the intern office looking up recipes. Ironic?

It all began last night when I decided that I was going to have breakfast for dinner tonight. I am a pancakes once a week kind of girl, but have fallen behind lately with all my travel. Thus, tonight I am taking the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a piping hot stack of pancakes.

Now, I will admit with limited space and funds for groceries, along with a somewhat chaotic schedule, the made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes of my childhood fell to the wayside back in college. Besides, to put so much love and attention into a batch that my dad wasn't around to cook in the shape of micky mouse ears just seemed like a waste. It was at that point that Aunt Jamimimah entered my life. Bless her and her just add water pancake mix!

But tonight, tonight is different. I have decided to combine two of my favorite culinary treats: pancakes and pumkin. I have been eating pumpkin in all forms this month. Coffee, icecream, cheesecake, toasted seeds, muffins, cupcakes, so why not pancakes?!? I found a great recipe for whole wheat pumkin pancakes that I will be trying tonight. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment