Friday, November 20, 2009

loving the greek... hehe

So I may be totally late to jump on the Greek Yogurt bandwagon, but I had to enlighten you with my new favorite snack. Dietitians have been tweeting, blogging, and praising this little cup for a few months now. Last week I gave into the $1.40 per cup splurge. It has been love ever since!

PROS: low calorie (100-120 cal/cup), high protein (15 g). This is A LOT of protein per serving. Protein takes longer to digest and keeps you feeling full and satisfied longer.

CONS: $1.20-1.60 per cup. A bit pricey but worth it! I've heard Costco sells it in tubs for a great price.

WHAT TO DO WITH IT?
Mix with berries, honey, almonds, jelly, granola, fruit, cereal.
Substitute for sour cream- the plain has a similar consistency and taste.
Let us know if you come up with some fun recipes!

1 comment:

  1. You can also blend it with fruit for a protein-packed smoothie!

    ReplyDelete